FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We hope that the below answers to our most frequently asked questions (FAQs) can assist you with any questions you may have regarding your trip. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
We're always happy to help and ensure that you have an amazing experience in the Whitsunday Islands.
Atlantic Clipper and New Horizon depart from Coral Sea Marina, South End in Airlie Beach.
Your boarding time can be located on your boarding pass. You will receive an online check in email 48-hours prior to departure and will receive the boarding pass once you have completed the check in process.
- Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Snorkelling locations, sunset drinks and beach party
- All meals plus morning tea and afternoon snacks
- Free use of snorkelling equipment, including stinger suit, mask and snorkel.
- Use of water activities including paddleboards, water slides, and Lili Pad.
- Fresh linen
Yes! Scuba diving is available on both of our overnight boats for an additional fee of $99. We provide our passengers with the opportunity to scuba dive, whether you are certified or introductory, you will be guided by one of True Blue Sailing's qualified dive instructors.
Bookings are limited, restrictions apply. Not available on day tours.
Your safety in the water is our primary concern, you will need to determine whether you require a Divers Medical Certificate before booking a scuba dive experience. If you answer YES to any of the below questions, you are required to obtain and present a current (issued within 12 months) Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
Please Read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis, or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hay fever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema, or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture, or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
We cater to all dietary requirements but the reservation team must be told before you check-in for your trip. There is a $10 surcharge applicable on some dietary which includes vegan, lactose (dairy-free) coeliac (gluten-free) - this fee will cover the entire duration of the trip.
- Yes, we have a ‘Bring Your Own’ alcohol policy on our boats.
- 40 standard drink limit per person - equals 30 cans, 4 litres of wine, or 1.5 litres of spirits.
- No glass or red wine is allowed on board.
Please pack a small soft bag and bring:
- Clothing for a tropical holiday (bring warmer items during winter)
- Sun protection – sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen
- Beach and bath towel
- Water bottle to refill (we’ll provide the water)
- Shoes appropriate for a short bushwalk
- Underwater camera
- Your best white outfit for the white beach party (overnight tours only)
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine, please)
Suitcases can be stored at The Travel Shop located at 344 Shute Harbour Road for $10 per day.
Suitcases or large backpacks and luggage cannot be taken on our boats and must be stored on the mainland.
We recommend that you bring a small soft bag for the two nights. Storage is available at The Travel Shop located at 344 Shute Harbour Road for $10 per day.
- Yes, our boats are one of the only boats in The Whitsunday region that have proper, temperature showers onboard.
- Atlantic Clipper has five showers and seven toilets.
- New Horizon has two showers and two toilets.
Atlantic Clipper has 21 air-conditioned cabins on board, ranging from 2, 3 and 4 bedroom dorms.
Atlantic Clipper has private double cabins and private twin bed cabins available for an additional fee should you prefer some more privacy. Cabins are limited so please contact our reservations team on 07 4940 2000 or email email@example.com in advance.
New Horizon has two air-conditioned sectioned areas that have 3 cabins with 8 double and 16 single beds.
- To book your trip, please contact our reservation team on 07 4940 2000 with your preferred travel date and voucher number.
- All open date tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Open dated tickets must provide at least 30 days' notice to book their desired departure date - Our trips book quickly so the more notice the better!
- If your open date ticket was purchased at the low season price and you book during peak season, you will be required to pay the difference.
The Atlantic Clipper and New Horizon overnight trips are strictly 18+ and valid ID is required upon arrival. Passengers under 18 years of age will be refused entry without a refund. Overnight tours are generally for people aged between 18-35.
For private charters the minimum age requirement is 12+ years old.
You will receive an email 48 hours prior to your departure with an online check-in link. Once you’ve completed the online check-in, you will be emailed a boarding pass.
If you have not received your check in email, please check your junk/spam folder.
If you have completed the online check in, you will not need to confirm your reservation.
If you have not completed the check-in form, you must call us before your departure.
If you need to change your tour date, please contact our reservation team at least 14 days prior to your scheduled tour. Any date changes requested within 14 days of your tour are subject to approval by Whitsunday Sailing Adventures and True Blue Sailing, and will be subject to a $50 transfer fee if approved.
To request a date change, please contact our reservation team by phone at 07 4940 2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will do their best to accommodate your request and provide you with options for available tour dates.
Any cancellations made inside the below cancellation period will unfortunately result in the complete forfeiture of the ticket price.
- There is a minimum 14 day cancellation notice period for all overnight tours.
- There is a minimum 30 day cancellation notice period for all private charters.
Any cancellations made outside these time frames will be refunded in full, minus any credit card/administration fees.
This is the cancellation policy of direct bookings with True Blue Sailing. If you have booked through a travel agent, you will be bound by their cancellation policy and booking terms. Some agents may have longer cancellation periods.
If you have been approved to move your date of travel, and you are within our cancellation period, a $50 per person transfer fee may be applicable.
In the unfortunate event that we must cancel a tour for the safety of our passengers, we will refund the booking fees should we cancel a trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
We will refund you 100% of your ticket (excluding booking fees).
Third Party Bookings;
If you are unable to move to an open dated ticket or transfer to another date, please contact your travel agent directly as their own terms and conditions will apply.
Should an unexpected situation arise it may be necessary to cancel a tour for the safety of our passengers. If we do need to cancel a trip due to unforeseen circumstances, there are two options depending on how you booked your tour. For those who have booked directly with us, we will refund 100% of your ticket cost, including any booking fees.
If you have booked through a third-party provider, please refer to their terms and conditions regarding cancellations and refunds. In such cases, we recommend that you contact your travel agent directly to explore any available options, including transferring to another date or obtaining a refund.
We strive to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our passengers and will do everything we can to accommodate your needs in case of unforeseen circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our cancellation policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Whilst we make every effort to safeguard passengers, we cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions that are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, COVID-19, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings, road closures, flight delays, flooding and other natural disasters – especially during the wet season – which may cause you to miss your trip.
A little rain never hurt anyone! All tours will continue operating in wet and safe conditions. Should the weather conditions be a risk to the safety of our passengers, we may need to cancel the trip and will contact you directly if this is to happen.
Oh No! We will do our best to find your items. Please contact our reservations team on 07 4940 2000 or email email@example.com
Your belongings are your own responsibility and True Blue Sailing holds no liability or responsibility for any valuables that may have been lost during the trip.
Whilst our crew will do their best to accommodate everyone's needs, wheelchairs are not able to be used on our boats due to the nature of the trip and the many stairs throughout. We recommend that you call our friendly team to discuss this further and we will be able to advise what is possible.
We provide sunscreen but we do recommend that if you are to bring your own that it is reef friendly sunscreen that not only protects your skin but also protects our Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Yes, please contact our reservations team on 07 4940 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A dive medical can be obtained from an Australian GP. (see www.divemedicals.com.au for more information)
You will receive a “confirmation email” once you have made your booking. There is a link in this email that you will need to click on to confirm your details. Once you have completed the online confirmation you are all set until you receive your “check in reminder” 2 days prior to travel. Please click on this link to receive your boarding pass with your meeting time and location. There will also be a map to show you how to get to the marina. If you do not receive either of these emails, please check your spam folder and then contact reservations on email@example.com.